**This feature is currently in a 'Open-Beta' status. All studios have this functionality loaded into their account.**
Sometimes customers can't make it to the studio to participate in a class. Don't let that stop you from offering on-demand video classes!
zingfit has created a solution for studios to sell and facilitate on-demand class videos.
The functionality is compatible with IFrame, Standard and Full integrations.
IFrame integrations require no additional web development work for the option to appear in customer accounts.
Standard and Full integrations may require additional development work in order for the customer to gain access to the 'My Videos' section. If you complete your Video-on-Demand set up in zingfit but cannot see the option to view these videos or the design isn't the best, please complete a Client Service request here. Our team is happy to provide additional development so the option works for your integration. When submitting this request, please use the option 'Menu Item Modification'.
A customer will purchase a Series or Contract to access the on-demand video. Once the purchase is completed, the customer will go to the 'My Account' section of the studio website, and select 'My Videos'.
The customer will have access to the on-demand video until the series or contract purchased is expired.
Here is an example of how the videos will look in the studio customer account:
Please note the studio is more than welcome to add any CSS to personalize this layout.
What is the mobile app experience like?
The customer will have full access to their videos in their zingfit brand app.
Video On-Demand: Series/Contracts
- We suggest creating a new Series Type for this access to On-demand videos. That way, a customer has to purchase a specific package to access your on-demand videos. If a studio wishes to use existing series and contracts, the customer will be able to gain access to on-demand videos as well as book a class with one purchase. Click here to learn more on how to create a new Series Type.
- Create a new Series and/or Contracts to access on-demand videos. Below are our suggestions on how to best set your Series and Contracts (click here to learn more on how to create series and contracts):
- Name: It's a good idea to name your series based on the video(s) they will gain access to after the purchase. For example Video-On-Demand: Yoga Sunrise Salutation or Video-On-Demand: Yoga for beginners package
- Class Count: 1
- Expires in: A good question to ask yourself with this series set is 'How long do you want your customers to have access to this on-demand video?'
- Activated on First Class Booked: Set to yes or no, this setting will not affect how customers access their on-demand videos
- Restrict to New Customers: You could create a new series for new customers that might be discounted compared to the other On-Demand series/contracts, this will open the door to new customers looking for On-Demand workouts at home!
- Terms: It's a good idea to create series/contract specific terms for customers purchasing online. This will provide a disclaimer to how the On-Demand series/contracts work so there is no confusion about purchasing an in-person class
- Description: This will appear on the studio's buy page. You may want to include language that this series/contract is only for On-Demand videos
Setting up the On-Demand Videos
Please note we can confirm that YouTube and Vimeo have been verified to work in zingfit' VOD functionality. If you can get your own natively hosted video to work this is amazing, however, the zingfit support team cannot troubleshoot an issue if it is not using YouTube or Vimeo.
- Navigate to Admin>Site Conent>Video On Demand
- Select '+Add Video-on-Demand'
- Name: Name of the video you are uploading. This name will be visible to your customers
- URL: Embed URL for the video. Below are steps on how to access these URLs
- When the video you wish to upload is pulled up in Vimeo, select the paper airplane icon to 'Share'
- View the Embed Code
- Copy the Embed Code to a notebook or notepad
- Highlight the video embed URL and copy the code, then paste into the 'URL section'. Here is an image to show you what URL you are trying to grab
- Series: The series you choose to select are the series that are required to purchase in order to access the video in the customer account. You will only want to select the applicable series for that video. Here is an example:
Once the fields above have been completed, save! You've just created a new video access point for your customers. Once they purchase the applicable series or contract, they will gain access to the video in their customer account!
What platform should I be using to embed my On-Demand videos?
Please note that if you are attempting to use any provider outside of the ones listed above, zingfit support cannot help with making it work but you are more than welcome to try it if you want!
What if my video is private on YouTube?
If you embed a private video URL, you will need to inform your customers that they will need to log into YouTube to view the video. Please note, as a private video owner, you will need to mark each customer's YouTube email address to ensure they have access.
Understanding the troubles this may cause, we do not encourage you to embed private YouTube videos.
Dropbox and VOD
Unfortunately, Dropbox is not supported with zingfit's VOD.