Let's discuss how we can make virtual classes happen using your zingfit software.
Although we don't have a streaming service available, this goal is absolutely something that can be accomplished through a specific set up!
Using the directions and best practices below, you can set up an entirely new offering to your customers to allow them the luxury of working out at home, or even at the office!
Setting up Virtual Classes in zingfit
- Set up a new Standard Series Type. Click here to learn more about how to create a Series Type.
- Series Type name examples: Virtual Spinning, Online Workouts, At-Home Workouts
- Create Series (or Contracts) for this Series Type. This is where you can create different offerings for your virtual class packs.
- Create a new Class Type. Your customers must understand the class they are signing up for is a virtual class and not one taking place in the studio. Click here to learn more about how to add a new Class Type.
- It's a good idea to get a new room set up for these virtual classes to ensure customers know this is not a physical room in the studio but an online session. You will need to request for support to create a new room. Click here to submit that request.
- Be sure to include the name of the room, as well as max capacity. Because this is a virtual class, we suggest a higher than normal spot count.
- We strongly suggest for this room to be in a list format. That way, there isn't any confusion about the spot schedule for a room that is virtual!
- Create your virtual schedule! Click here to learn more about creating a schedule.
- If you want to force your customers to purchase a Virtual series or contract, be sure to only select the Series type you created in step 1.
- If you wish to allow for customers to use previously purchased class packs or contracts, please select the appropriate series type.
Everything is now set up ready to go!
How do I stream this class to my customers?
At this time, you will need to find a video streaming software to share video with your customers for this class. Here are a couple of examples for steaming services:
Once you have a streaming service, it is up to you on the hardware you want to use to live stream and/or even record your classes. Please note, depending on the software you decide to use for streaming will depend on the hardware you use to capture the video.
If you wanted, you could use Zoom on your laptop. But keep in mind the quality!
How do my customers get into the video stream for the class?
There are a couple of different ways to approach this. Below are our ideas:
- 15-20 minutes prior to the class start, log into zingfit, select the upcoming class in the left-hand class menu, then using the class dropdown menu, email the entire class a link to the virtual class session provided by the steaming software provider you are working with.
- In the Series or Contract set up, in the 'Email Options' section, add yourself to the 'Purchase Email' field. This will send you an email every time someone purchases the virtual series or contract. This can prompt you to send a personalized email from the studio inbox with the URL they will use to join each class.
- An hour or so before the class starts, log into zingfit, select the upcoming class in the left-hand class menu, then using the class dropdown menu select 'Customer Info'. This will show you all the contact information for the attendees in your virtual class. You can take these emails and upload them into an invite using your streaming software to invite them to their upcoming class.
For any other questions on Virtual Classes, please don't hesitate to reach out to the support team, we are here to help!