If your studio undergoes a change in ownership—whether by sale or some other reason—you’ll need to submit a change in ownership form to zingfit in order to transfer the zingfit account to the new owner. Please go here to submit your change in ownership request.
Things to consider when changing ownership of your zingfit account:
- The current/previous owner must initiate the transfer and is responsible for filling out the change in ownership form.
- As part of submitting the form above, the current/previous owner must provide zingfit with a notarized resolution as proof of the sale. This can be in the form of a purchase agreement or some other signed and notarized document proving the change in ownership and authorizing the transfer.
- Zingfit is required to obtain the new legal business name associated with the studio to update the zingfit account on file.
- The change in ownership process can take a few weeks to complete and a zingfit Project Manager will be assigned to implement the new owner onboarding process.
- The new owner and any new staff are required to complete zingfit’s three standard trainings as part of the new owner onboarding process. This training costs $300 and will be billed to the new owner. If the new owner is already completed zingfit trainings in the past, and no new staff are coming onboard, the new owner will have the option to waive the trainings, dependent on zingfit’s review and approval.
- If the new owner is taking over the existing payment gateway account (i.e. Stripe or Authorize.net), nothing needs to happen on zingfit’s side. The current/previous owner and new owner are responsible for working with the payment gateway company to conduct the transfer of payment gateway account ownership.
- If the new owner is setting up a new payment gateway account, they’ll have the option to migrate the client credit card data from the old account to the new one. This migration will be a separate fee billed to the new owner and can extend the timeline to onboard the new owner to zingfit. A zingfit Project Manager will be in touch with further details during the new owner onboarding process.
- If the new owner is setting up a new Stripe account, they must follow the steps zingfit provides to set up this account. The new owner should work with their zingfit Project Manager directly to set up the new Stripe account in order to ensure a proper integration with the zingfit system. The new owner should NOT facilitate this new account with Stripe directly, this may cause additional delays and costs to onboard the new owner to zingfit.
If you have any questions regarding transferring ownership of your zingfit account, please feel free to contact our Billing Team and they’ll be happy to assist.
After you submit your change in ownership request, our Billing Team will be in touch to update the account and a Project Manager will be in touch to begin the process of onboarding the new owner.