**Please note FLEX is currently in a Closed Beta Status. For any additional information on FLEX please reach out to the support team. Thank you **
Congratulations on adding FLEX to your zingfit account!
Below are step-by-step instructions on how to set FLEX in your zingfit account.
Create your FLEX series type
- Navigate to Admin>Schedule/Retail>Series Types
- Click '+Add for FLEX '
- Series Type Set up:
- Name: Used for internal purposes (scheduler, series set up) *It's important to use the branding naming convention
- Description: Option to fill in- but encourage them to define their use case for FLEX in the description so they have an organization in zingfit
- Gateway: the Gateway used for Flex.
- Bookable Series Types For FLEX - Because the FLEX card is built at it's foundation to work cross-studios, the FLEX card gains access to the underlying classes at different studios through Series Types (which are linked to classes in the zingfit scheduler) so even if a studio has just one location, it will want to select all Series Types under this setting. Add all Series types they want to involve Flex.
- Retail Categories: This allows FLEX to be used to purchase retail merchandise in the selected categories below. FLEX card usage is restricted to Gateways that are tied to the Series Types selected in Bookable Series Types for FLEX.
Create a FLEX series
- After you save, the window will automatically take you to the series set up for the new FLEX series type
- To add a new FLEX option select '+ Add FLEX pack'. Please note if you need to go back and add more FLEX series, you will need to navigate to Admin>Scheduling/Retail>FLEX Series> +Add FLEX pack
- FLEX pack set up:
- Name: Name of the FLEX pack being purchased- this will show on the buy page
- Price: The selling price for this FLEX pack
- Bonus Credit: Bonus Credit is added to the overall FLEX Price to better incentivize customers to purchase a FLEX series. For example: $20 FLEX pack with a $5 Bonus Credit = $25 FLEX pack
- Tax Class: Taxable or not
- Auto Reload: Automatically reloads the FLEX pack when the balance is insufficient for booking. When disabled, the customer will be prompted to manually reload
- The rest of the options are the same exact options as a normal Series
Each series is an increment option for your FLEX offering.
Assigned specific Class pricing
Now, it's time to assign a specific pricing point for each class type offered by the studio.
- Navigate to the Class set up, select Admin>Scheduling/Retail> Classes
- To set a specific price for each class, select the 'Wallet' icon
- Each location has the option to set specific pricing points for the class type. These are general price points required for FLEX
Please note: Changing or updating the class type pricing will immediately set the prices for all future class types on your schedule.
Overriding specific class prices
Depending on if its Peak/off Peak time, generally slow days or if there is a special circumstance, the studio does have the ability to manually override the specific class price in the schedule.
Once the FLEX price has been set for all class types, the scheduler has automatically updated each class type based on the set price.
To update specific class prices:
- Navigate to the Scheduler in the top nav
- Either click to edit an existing class or create a new class
- Per-Class FLEX Price: click the checkbox to override the class price and assign a different value. This is what the studio will do to update a price on a per class level
The Bulk Updater function allows for batch updating of per-class pricing across Series Types, Instructors, Start times, etc.
For example- All 8:00 am classes need to be discounted for a rate of $12.35. The studio would use the bulk updater to identify all 8:00 am classes and to enforce the FLEX price option of $12.35
To update your classes in bulk for the FLEX price option:
- Select 'Bulk Update' in the Scheduler
- Select Search without any conditions- if they added a class in the future it will automatically appear in the search
- Check off the Future classes and select 'Next'
- Point out the FLEX Price option- this is how they will use the Bulk updater to update any Flex packs
The Booker will display a FLEX price listed underneath the at-a-glance sidebar. This is a visual indication that:
a. FLEX packs can book the class and
b. what that class cost is for the day and time
Point of Sale (Booker)- Refunds
**Please note- a customer must have a credit card on file to purchase a FLEX pack- this is not an option to change in system settings as it is a requirement.
The zingfit system will only refund a FLEX package's remaining balance, not the original purchase amount. To learn more on how to refund a purchase, go here.
The bonus credit is not refundable.
Attendance Summary report
A FLEX filter is available in the Attendance Summary report. Selecting this will automatically filter all FLEX series types.
FLEX Cross Gateway Bookings
This report is used for studios with multiple gateways to assist in reconciling funds for cross gateway bookings. The report provides:
Daily Transaction Report
The bonus credit will appear as a comp- the credit card used to purchase the FLEX will not be refunded the bonus credit.