- Navigate to Admin>Scheduling/Retail>Series Type
- Click the 'Add Series Type' button as shown in the above image.
- The next image is what studios should see. Make sure to name the series as well as put a description in order to help stay organized in the future
- If this is meant to be a community or similar type free class make sure to select 'yes' for Is Free*
*If a class has a series type selected that is free, no other series types can be used for that class.
- If this series is for an event make sure to select 'yes' For Events
- The Gateway is the studio's merchant credit card processor.
Setup a Series
- Navigate to Admin>Scheduling/Retail>Series/Contracts which is just above the series type option selected earlier.
- In the Above Image many things are highlighted. The underlined shows the filters which are our series types. Clicking any of these will show all of the series within that series type.
- The star here shows the Online/Offline button for a series. If a series is offline it is hidden on the website and a customer will not be able to see the series online, however if they have a promo code or group membership they can still gain access to purchase the series. While a series is offline a studio staff member can still see and sell the series from the Register.
- Click the Add Series or Add Contract button.
- These are the Series settings (Contracts are covered next). Make sure that every bold/red star setting has information in the box next to it.
- Is Unlimited - if "No", then fill in the Class Count.
- Grace Period Days - Number of days a series can be used after it expires.
- Include for Commission - If "Yes", then staff can receive a commission for sales.
- Activation is on first-class booked if set to "Yes", otherwise the Series is active upon purchase.
- A value must be placed in Days To Expired if Not Activated to extend the normal activation period. If a customer books their first class they will not be able to book classes before that time.
- Fixed Starting Date - used for pre-sales. The series should come offline manually at fixed date and not be recycled. This will be overridden by Fixed Billing Date settings for contracts
- Purchase Limit - Restricts how many times a customer can buy this series.
- Restrict to New Customers - Restrict to new customers
- Customer Remains New on Purchase - After purchase a customer is still considered "new".
- Can Share - Can share series with another customer
- Bundled Products - Prompts user to buy other products on purchase.
- Complimentary Series Mode - Assigns a complimentary series to the customer either on purchase or usage of this series.
- Complimentary Series - The complimentary series offered.
- Terms - Displays a click-through required screen after purchase.
- Sort Priority - Default sort is by class count, otherwise this orders package on the system pricing page.
- Feature on Web - When enabled this will put a box around the series on the buy series page.
- Hide in Register - Makes unavailable for purchase in-studio.
- Booker Icon - Display visual cue in the Booker for which Series was used to book the class.
- Customer Per Class Limit - Restrict customers to a per class limit.
- Classes Per Week Limit - Restrict customers to a per week limit.
- Classes Per Day Limit - Restrict customers to a per day limit.
- Series Per Class Limit - Limits how many spots are available for customers with this Series.
- For Extended Booking - Allows customers with this Series to book classes out further than other customers.
- For Advanced Booking - Allows customers with this Series to see a schedule release earlier than other customers.
- Extended Cancellation - Allows customers with this Series to cancel a class without penalty later than other customers.
- Priority Waitlist - Allows customers to be enrolled on the waitlist in a position higher other customers
- Purchase Email - Additional email to be notified when this series is purchased.
- Custom Expiring Email - Used in place of standard system expiring email.
- Class Count Low Email - Sent when the class count reaches number set in system email.
Setup a Contract - Contracts have some unique features.
- Contract Frequency - The length of the billing cycle. Typically 1 month.
- Times to Recur - The number of times the series will renew. i.e. 3 if a three-month contract, or 1 if a month-to-month.
- Series Type - Select a series type
- Name - Create a name for this contract
- Contract Renews - Automatically renew the contract on the last billing cycle or not or convert it into another contract.
- Fixed Billing Day - Day of the month to begin billing. It will prorate the first month and the bill in full on the fixed day. This will be override the Fix Billing Date setting.
- Allow Debit - Allows customers to book in class anyhow in the case of failed billing. Balance goes in House Debit account.
- Auto Top Up - On count based contracts, renews when the series is used up or low, rather than waiting until the end of the billing cycle. Happens overnight, not immediate.
- After saving the series, make sure that it is online so that it can be purchased.
- Now the series type will need to be added to the class via the scheduler.
- The display of the series type's for a class will vary depending on how many series types a studio has. If the studio has many series types the selection will be a drop down menu, whereas if the studio has few series types, the options will shown with check boxes.
- One of the most common reasons a customer cannot book a class is because they don't own a Series within the Series Type that has been selected for a class.
What does series/contract expiration mean for booking?
With a series, customers are free to book classes that occur up to and on expiration day; however, they will need to advance book classes that occur on expiration day, as once expiration day arrives, classes can no longer be booked for that day.
With a contract, customers are free to book classes that occur up to and on expiration + the days set in the Recurring Days to Extend system setting.