zingFit reports make it easy to segment studio customers, export those lists to a text/CSV file which then can be imported into an email marketing program like Constant Contact or MailChimp. A segment might be a group of customers who have used a promo code, or it could be a group of customers that no longer have an active class package. if you don't have a MailChimp account, click here to sign-up. With MailChimp, zingFit provides deeper integration.
- New customer account registrations are synced overnight to a designated MailChimp list
- Customer segments created in zingFit using Report Tags can be synced with MailChimp lists (via Admin > Reporting > Report Tags > Send to Mailchimp icon)
Here is how to set up your MailChimp integration.
A. Create API key in your MailChimp account
- Log in to MailChimp or create a new MailChimp account here >>
- Follow these instructions http://kb.mailchimp.com/article/where-can-i-find-my-api-key/#generating
B. Set up zingFit MailChimp Configuration
Navigate to Configuration > MailChimp
- Enter MailChimp API key
- From the drop-down menu, select a MailChimp list to sync zingFit new customer account registrations (if you'd like to start with a new list in MailChimp this should be done first in the MailChimp system). This sync can take a minute or two depending on the number of customers already registered
Region Studio only
Organizations on a Region installment, the studio configuration field "Display For Preferred Location" (Configuration > Studio) is set for more than one studio in the system. This is different than having multiple "rooms". When the preferred location is set, customers will be asked to choose their preferred location on signup. zingFit then segments these customers into MailChimp groups based on that choice. For Regionalized setups, a drop-down will appear for each studio location to sync new customer account registrations.
C. Using Report Tags
Many zingFit reports feature the ability to Tag a list of customers to create a segment that can be applied as a filter in other reports. See more about tagging here. Report Tags can be synced with studio MailChimp lists.
- Create a Tag from a zingFit Report
- Tags are displayed under Reporting > Report Tags
- Click on the MailChimp button for one of the Tags
- In the "Add tagged Customers to a MailChimp list segment, choose an existing list or create a "new segment"
In MailChimp, studios can choose to send to defined list segments.