zingFit offers studios the ability to create rewards-based customer referral marketing programs. Here is how it works once the program is in place. Please see Set up Customer Referrals half-way down this page for how to do this.
Before setting up please read the following, to have a good overview of how Customer Referrals work:
- Studio customer (Referring Customer) sends an email to a friend (the Referred Customer) inviting them to join the studio. The email is sent from the My Info screen in the customer’s zingfit account.
- The email sent to the Referred Customer contains a tracking link to the studio website
- The Referred Customer follows this link to sign up for a studio account, after which the Referring Customer is rewarded for their friend’s activities in the studio with either store credit or free classes.
NOTE: REWARDS ARE ISSUED ONLY ONCE PER REFERRER (so a Trigger with 10 Classes Taken, will not reward the referrer on his 20th class). Furthermore, if the reward threshold (classes taken or money spent) is lowered, then customers who have reached that lower threshold will be rewarded immediately.
Below is an example of the email interface for the Referring Customer's, when they are logged into their studio's website and looking at their personal dashboard, typically this will be the "My Info" and on a link called, "Invite A Friend" which opens a dedicated page.
The customer could also choose to simply copy the link and share it through any digital medium they prefer whether it is SMS, personal email, their blog, etc.
There's also a handy social share button for Facebook and Twitter on this page, so they can share right from their studio's website.
This is a very basic email but with the HTML template option, you could develop a nicely branded email. Enquire further with your on boarding team or the customer support team.
To set a default message to be added to your referral email click on Admin > Site Content > Web Content > Referral Email Default Text
In the image above there is text which says "For each friend that signs up... etc" If a studio would like to change this text please navigate to Admin > Site Content > Web Content > Refer a Friend. In the section Form header, enter the desired text and the default system-generated text will disappear.
Set up Customer Referrals:
- Click on People > Customer Referrals
- Click on the Edit Config button to the right
- In the Referral Configuration screen, the Trigger defines the type of activity in which the Referred Customer must engage for the Referring Customer to get rewards. Click either the Classes Taken or the Money Spent option and fill in the incentive threshold amount
- Where a studio has series that are already discounted, it is possible to exclude one or more of those Series from the Customer Referral program by clicking in the field next to Exclude Series and selecting series from the drop-down list.
- Set the Reward, either Store Credit or Series for how the Referring Customer will be compensated, and then set the respective credit amount or series from the field directly below the Reward.
- In the next option, Studios can choose whether earned Store Credits can be used to purchase merchandise, or if their use is restricted to Series purchases only.
Manually Add Referrals
It is also possible to manually give out referral credits in cases where a customer was not properly rewarded for a referral. Simply click on the customer's profile, choose Referrals and type in the email of the new customer in question. The referring customer will then be credited with the referral.
It is possible to run a custom referral program by exporting customer referral coded URLs. Simply go to Admin > People > Customers and then click Export CSV.
How to deactivate your Customer Referral
Changing the Configuration Trigger to 'Off' will only stop the Rewards triggered by Referrals.
To deactivate Referrals overall, please contact zingfit support with your request to update the system setting for Customer Referrals.