Contracts are used most typically for multi-month memberships with recurring billing to the studio customer's credit card on file. To set-up a Contract, Scheduling/Retail > Series/Contracts > Add Contract
- Choose a Series Type
- Add the name of the Contract - this name will display to the studio customer
- Add a Base Series Price to be billed on a recurring basis
- Enter the Contract Frequency -- for a monthly contract, enter "1" and choose "months" from the drop-down menu. For 30-day Contracts, enter "30" and leave the drop-down menu set to "days"
- For a 3-month Contract, enter "3" in Time to Recur
- Click Next
The customer can ONLY book past the end of the contract if it is set to auto-renew. In the Contract edit screen, some fields are completed from the previous screen. Do the following:
- Set Is Unlimited to Yes for Contracts that allow for unlimited class enrollment. Set No for contracts that have limited or no class enrollment privileges - clicking No displays a Count field to enter the number of classes granted to the customer for each Contract cycle. Note: any existing class credit are expired at the end of each Contract cycle *
- Choose if the Contract Renews, ends or "converts" at the end of the term. The Convert option allows a new Contract (such as a month-to-month recurring Contract) to be issued at the end of the term. Selecting Yes, will re-sell the existing Contract to the customer.
- Choose whether Customer Can Cancel. If no, the customer must ask studio staff to cancel the Contract.
- If a Fixed Billing Day is not set, the Contract will start on the purchase date, and use that as a reference for future billing (ex: a February 15th purchase monthly Contract will bill again March 15th.) If a Fixed Billing Day is selected, the Contract will bill a pro-rated amount for the first month, then the full amount at the Fixed Billing Day, and the balance of the pro-rated month at the end of the Contract. Fixed Billing is useful for studios that wish for all Contracts to bill on the same day. If you freeze a contract that has a fixed billing date the new billing dates will be based on the date that the freeze ends, not the fixed billing date previously set.
- If Allow Debt is set to Yes, customers with failed credit cards will be permitted to scheduling classes. Otherwise, the zingFit system will attempt to bill the credit card twice, and on the second failure the Contract will be disabled, and cannot be reactivated -- a new Contract will need to be issued. The studio admin is notified of all credit card failures.
- The Billing Cycle Unit Pricing shows the stream of payments to be generated by the Contract. It is possible to edit any individual month of the payment stream (ex: first month, pay just $10). NOTE: any adjusted payment streams will be repeated at Contract renewal. It is also worth noting that any promotions applied to a Contract will be applied to a renewed Contract.
- Set whether the Contract payments should be Taxable (the tax rate is set in Configuration > Studio).
- Make sure to enter an Estimate Price Per Class so that reports such as Attendance with Revenue can calculate a dollar value to each individual class taken by the Contract customer.
- Other Options and Restrictions are available in the panels below.
- Keep in mind that Contracts purchased with store credit will go to Failed Billing and listed as No Charge if there is not enough store credit to continue paying on subsequent billing cycles since the contract was not purchased with a credit card. It is best to purchase contracts with credit cards and to use store credit on class count packages.
- Contracts cannot be shared.
* it is also possible to grant discounts on Series purchases for customers who have purchased a specific Contract. This is done via People > Groups/Membership - use this Groups/Membership Article for guidance.
Adding a discount to an active Recurring Contract
- Go to the Booker
- Search for the Customer name and from the profile card, click the Series tab
- Edit the Active Contract applicable for the discount
- Add the discount amount and it will apply to all occurrences of payments moving forward.