The Product Upsells feature provides a means for studios to offer retail products to its customers at the tail-end of the class booking process. Studios subscribed at the Boutique Plus Package level can contact zingFit support to activate this feature.
Setting up Product Upsells
A category that will include products to be upsold must have the "Add Ons" option selected. Scheduling/Retail > Categories > select category > Add Ons.
An Upsell Product should have an associated product image, and best design practices suggest that all up-sell images be cropped and sized in a uniform fashion.
- Crop and resize the product image(s) - the images in the example above are cropped and sized at 270px × 270px.
- Edit the product that will appear as an up-sell (Admin > Scheduling/Retail > Products). Select on the Image tab at the top.
- Click on the "Browse" button to find the respective image on the local computer hard drive. Once selected, the image name will appear to the right of the Browse button. Click Upload and a thumbnail of the image will appear on the screen (only the first image will appear on the Product Upsell page)
- Select the product Info tab at the top. To the far right of the gray box on this screen, click in the white field box below the label "Upsell for Classes"- this prompts to select the name of the studio for which up-sells will be made available.
- Save changes.
Setting up Product Upsells with Attributes
- Create a Product Category for the attribute and select the "For Add-Ons" options
- Add Products to the Category
- Edit the Product to which add-ons will be assigned, and add the relevant add-ons from the drop-down menu. Save.
- It is possible to add products colors (but not sizes) as a product attribute selection. Make sure to add an upsell location to each color.
Order Management of Product Upsells
Product Upsell orders are associated with a scheduled class. Orders for scheduled classes can be found in the Booker under the "Class" drop-down menu: select "Products for Class" at the bottom of the menu.
The Products for Class report defaults to the current calendar day. To find Product Upsell orders for future dates, set the date at the top right of the report screens and click the Go button.
Display of Product Upsells
Product Upsells appear on the page with a thumbnail, product title, and price. Where there are product attributes for the customer to select (such as size, color, flavor ...) a Select Button will appear below the item, otherwise, an Add to Cart button will appear. Items added to the Product Upsell order are displayed in the cart that appears below the product listing. The purchase link leads the customer to the standard zingFit check-out page.
Products with attribute selections will display a pop-up menu for customer selection.
Attributes will appear with items in the cart.
Customer Access to Product Upsells
Product Upsells can be accessed by customers in on of two ways:
- On a post-booking landing page (just below sharing links for studios that have Social Sharing activated).
- From the Order Items link on the My Classes page in the customer account
Note that Product Upsells involve a separate purchase from the class purchase, so studio customers will receive a separate purchase email receipt.