zingFit provides the ability to let a studio customer book an extra bike (or bikes) in a class and then assign that bike to another studio customer.
Studios subscribed at the Boutique Plus Package level can contact zingFit support to activate this feature.
To Enable Guest Booking
zingFit support must activate guest booking by setting Supports Guest Spots to "true" (Admin > Configuration > Settings)
How Host Customers Book Extra Spots in the Class
To allow a customer to book more than one spot in a class (so she can book a spot for herself and another customer), the zingFit system must be configured to allow this. There are two settings to consider:
- There is global default setting which only zingFit support can change (Admin > Configuration > Settings), it is called Attendance Limit. This value should be set to the maximum number of spots any one customer can book for any one class.
- There is a Series setting (Admin > Scheduling/Retail > Series/Contract) which can constrain the global default setting according to which Series the customer uses to book the class. Under the Booking Options panel, set the Customer Per Class Limit equal to the number of spots any one customer can book in a class with each Series.
- Make sure the Series Setting under Purchase Options/Restrictions (Admin > Scheduling/Retail > Series/Contract) Can Share is toggled to Yes for all series you want to use guest booking.
There are a few methods that a customer can use to book an extra spot.
- Studios using spot scheduling can request that their custom booking room map support multiple bookings; this will allow the customer to book multiple spots in a class while staying in the booking room until finished.
- Upon successfully booking a class, a link is displayed in the successful booking alert box to book another spot in this class
- A customer can choose another class from the schedule/reserve page.
How Host Customers Assign a spot to a Guest
From the My Classes list in the customer account, a gear icon displays next to each class. An "assign to guest" menu option will appear below the icon. Selecting this option, a guest assign screen will display.
The customer will be prompted to enter the email address of the guest they would like to invite.
There are two possible outcomes.
The guest is a studio customer - the host customer can send that guest a note. The guest will be notified via email. In the email will be a link to claim the spot to confirm the spot assignment - if the spot is not claimed by the guest, it will remain the name of the host customer.
The Guest is not yet a studio customer - the host customer can send a personalized email inviting to the guest to ride with him. The guest will receive an email with a link to claim the spot. Registration with the studio (along with agreeing to the studio terms and conditions) is required for an anonymous guest to claim a spot - if the spot is not claimed by the guest, it will remain the name of the host customer.
How Studio Staff Assigns a spot to a Guest
- In the Booker, find the Guest customer
- Click on the Attendance tab on the customer profile card
- To the left of the class booking, click the gear icon and the Assign a Guest option will appear.
- A window will display letting the staff member find an existing studio customer, and then a message that a spot has been assigned to her.