Regions are designed for studios with multiple studios where ownership differs between studio locations. Regions let studios create a unified experience as customers move between locations while sand-boxing back-end access to studio administration and financials.
*Please note Regions are for Elite Subscriptions only!
Regions empower studios in the following ways:
- Seamless Customer Experience - customers can book classes across all locations,
- Selective Customer Profile Access - studio staff can access only customer profiles that belong to their designated Region(s),
- Sandboxed Administrative Access - provide controls for selective access to studio financials, reporting and other administrative areas,
Corporate Brand Control - affords control over system email messaging, class types naming, and retail product offerings.
Note: brands that have studios with different locales and time zones need to be set-up on Regions (reports/nightly tasks …)
Seamless Customer Experience
Studio customers can easily navigate cross-Region to book at all studio locations, unaware of the underlying controls.
- Sign-up - In the sign up process, a customer is required to choose a 'preferred location' which is used to assign them to a Region (customer journeys should lead the zingfit system to predict and pre-select the correct preferred location) - note, as email address are unique, if an existing customer attempts to sign-up at any studio for the brand, an error message will display that the user already exists.
- Additional Regions Access - a customer can be assigned to addition Regions in the following way:
- Customer Journey - Regions create regionally-segmented customer journeys with specific class schedule(s), pricing page, login, and system emails. A site ID is passed in the navigation and stored as a browser cookie to keep a customer interfacing with a single Region’s transactional pages.
- Content Control - with zingfit Full Integrations, site content can be filtered by Region effectively creating studio mini-sites.
- SHOP - Only one online SHOP is permitted on a zingfit installation. SHOP is typically assigned to the corporate Region - customers in any other Region will be redirected to the corporate region when they click on the online SHOP link.
Studio Experience (General)
A special role titled CorporateAdmin grants access across regions. It is recommended that only the CorporateAdmin has access to Roles, and Class Types
- New Regions (and studios) are set up by the web development team
- Most staff will be assigned to a single Region, but CorporateAdmin will be able to navigation between Regions
- If Region admins have access to Roles (Admin > People > Roles), they will have read-only access. Read-only access will let Region admins see Role settings, but would not permit the regional manager to give herself access to other Regions. All Roles need to be created by CorporateAdmin. Regional admins should not be allowed access to System Emails or Site Content.
- Class Types work across Regions so these should be administered by CorporateAdmins who can assign Class Types for use of specific studios.
- User and Instructors are unique to each Region and cannot operate across Regions.
Studio Experience (Booker)
- The Booker (and the Admin > People > Customers report) will only show customers that are members of the Region
- If staff tries to register a customer at a studio that is not currently enabled in the customer's preferred Region, an error message will tell her that the user already exists
- If a walk-in customer that is part of other Regions wants to book in-studio, she must first access her profile, and from the Info tab, select 'Allow Other Studios' to add an additionally preferred studio or book themselves into a class at the new studio through the customer portal.
- CorporateAdmins have access to change a customer's preferred studio settings (from the customer Info tab)
Additional Regions Access -
A customer can be assigned to addition Regions in the following way:
- When a customer books a class or buys a package in another Region, that customer is implicitly assigned to that Region by the zingfit system,
- A customer can explicitly select access to additional Regions via the Info tab in their zingfit account profile,
- Corporate Admin roles have access to configure a customer’s zingfit account profile to include addition Regions.
- ***In studio - if a customer arrives at a studio where she does not have Regions access, that customer will not be found in the zingfit system and the system will not let the studio register the customer under her existing email address. The customer will need to use her mobile device (or a studio computer) and access her account to grant profile access to the Region.
Most system emails work across all Regions, so any change to a System Email will affect emails for all studios in all regions. There are a number of emails that are studio-specific - looking the studio form (Admin > Configuration > Studio), managers will see which emails can be customized by the studio
To add studio-specific emails ....
- Navigation to Configuration > System Emails - Add New Email. Make sure to name the email so that all users on the system can tell for which studio it is intended (ex: NYC-Chelsea Booking Confirmation)
- Configuration > Studio - edit the Studio, and in the customer studio-specific emails panel shown above, select the email studio-specific email
- Email design templates can be set at the Region level
- Customer Journey and Abandoned Series emails are Regionalized
Gift Cards & Series
Neither function across Regions
Redemption is restricted at the Region level - not per gateway
Flex Packs work across Regions that have the same currency
- The integration works for each specific Region
- New customers are filtered to a Region according to the 'preferred location' selected at registration
- System Settings highlighted in Blue are unique for each Region (they only work for the Region for which they are set)
A Region can use one or multiple payment gateways. Gateways cannot be used across Regions
Receipt Footers are not Region-specific
- Staff has to be in the region that the purchase was made to access the refund screen (otherwise they will get an unauthorized access message)
Customer Referrers (“how did you hear about us?”)
- Currently, this program is not-Region specific - referrers are common across Regions
- Do not currently work on Regions
- Regionalized, and customers can be a member of multiple groups within a Regions.
- Only one API user is needed to work across all Regions but API calls need to be Region-specific. The Region ID is a required call.
Support and Pricing
- Use of Regions requires an Elite Tier subscription
Sandboxed Administrative Access
- Roles - Regions features a special role titled Corporate Admin. Corporate Admins:
- have access across regions - all other staff, including admin have access to single Regions and will not see that other Regions exist
- should be the only role that has access to assign and edit Roles (this is key to admin site security. If Region Admin Roles have access to Roles (Admin > People > Roles), they will have read-only access. Read-only access will let Region admins see Role settings, but would not permit the regional manager to give herself access to other Regions. All Roles need to be created by Corporate Admin. Typically is only Role that has access to ClassTypes, System Emails and Site Content.